Stuck

 Do I have to?” I said moaning.

“Yes Humphry, We’ve been over this you're going to be fine. Now come on you're going to be late,” Mum said.

We got in the car and drove off to school.


“Jordan?”

“Here”

“Lucky last, Humphry?”

“Here”

“Good now hop on the bus everyone and I'll be counting in case anyone's missing” And she started to count “1, 2, 3, 4…”


That's Mrs. Conrad, She's one of the nicest and easy-going teacher in the whole school. She's my favorite teacher.


A couple minutes later we reached our destination…  

“Yes, I can't wait! It's going to be my first time in the Rocky Desert!” I heard one kid say.

“Same here except I'm not excited about it,” I said.

We hopped out of the bus and started walking towards some of the rocks. At this point, I was getting more and more worried.


“Now class, we're going to have to go through the small pathway one by one, I’ll go first and you guys can follow after me. Ok?”

“Yes Mrs. Conrad,” The class all said

The line kept getting shorter by the second until it was my turn, I was the last person to go through. I walked through to the middle of the path, All of a sudden rocks and sand started caving in from the sides until it started filling sand and small rocks in my shoes. I was panicking really bad until I heard a kid shout: 

“SOMEONES HERE, SOMEONES HERE” 

I could barely make out who was there. She looked like she was wearing a cowboy hat with a type of camouflage jumpsuit with buckles on her belt. It took me a minute to realize that she was coming towards me. She grabbed my hands as the sand kept piling up and took a couple of tugs and pulled me out! I took heaps of deep breaths as I was still in shock.


“Humphry, Are you ok!” Mrs. Conrad said worriedly

“Who are you?” I said to the lady that saved me

“I'm Lucy, Lucy Mickaw”

“Thank you for saving me!”

“That's what I do, know come on I’ll take you over to the nearest hospital so they can check you out just in case”

“Ok”


She took me over to the back of her truck and drove me to the hospital while my class started walking back to the bus which wasn't very far. We got to the hospital a couple minutes later. They put a room to see if everything was alright. I got out of the hospital and they said I swallowed a bit of sand and I would be all right. 


Comments

  1. I love your story, Eden. It has a good beginning, middle and end. The use of dialogue helps the story. It must be a dangerous exhibition if Lucy's job is to rescue kids who get stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been so worried if I was the last one through the small path. Great story bestie!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment