Are we there yet?

  Are we there yet?


As time went on with no iPad Clair started to get border and border by the second until she found something to do… 


“Oww Mummm Clair’s Pushing me and it's making my game shake!” Kaden said annoyed

“No, I didn't!” Clair lied

“Mum she did!” Kaden said trying to convince mum

“Ohhh will you just be quiet? We have only been on the road for 1 hour and you two are already fighting! No one will be getting their iPad if you two don't stop fighting” Mum demanded them. And they both went quiet 


I was so bored I fell asleep and woke up to the worst thing ever…

“AHHHHHHH,” Clair said in horror 

Mum quickly pulled over the car and turned to the back seat to see “A SNAKE!!” “EVERYONE OUT OF THE CAR!!” Mum said panicking in horror. 


Mum was so scared that she had to call an animal trainer. Considering they were in the middle of nowhere it took forever. Mum said that we all had to stay outside. I didn't want to because it was so HOT it's impossible to stay outside for even a minute there!

After almost an hour we finally got the snake out.

“We're back on the rode kiddo's!” mum said trying to be in a good mood after what happened.

“Ahh I can't be bothered going in the car, it's too hot outside so being in the car will make me even hotter!” Kaden said while Clair agreed

“And plus I’m not going into a possibly snake-infested car!” Clair said adding on to Kaden while still being terrified 

“Ohh goodness can you two just get in the possibility of there being another snake in here is very low!” mum said annoyed. 

“But mum there might still be snakes, I mean do you even know where you're going?” Clair said. 

“Of Course I do… And anyways just make yourself useful and get some snacks from the back will you” mum said trying to change the topic

“Ummm mum…” said Clair

“What is it now and did you get the snacks?” Mum said.

“Well about that… KADEN FORGOT THE SNACKS”

“I did not!!! I Wasn't even packing the snacks”

Kaden said.

“NO M-”

“I'm gonna leave you both here if you don't stop fighting and whoever left the snacks at home too bad because we're not going to be stopping so don't say I told you so” mum interrupted

We got in the car and all Clair could think about is if there are still snakes in the car and Kaden didn't make it any better.

“Ooooo there still must be snakes in the car. Look, I think I see a snake!” Kaden said with a smile.

“Kaden stop!” Clair said crossly

“Haha” Kaden laughed 

“Can you two just stop! You two are really getting my nerves now!” mum said.


Our trip carried on for another 2 BORING hours and that's because Kaden was asleep and I would go to sleep but I still couldn't stop thinking about the snake.

“Mum, can we play some music? It's so boring without it!” Clair said.

“Fine but no trashy music and no tik tok music I've heard enough of that music,” Mum said

“Ok…” 

                   -Clair plays HER music- 

“Renegade Renegade-”

“Didn't I just tell you not to listen to tik tok music! Here give me the phone I'll play some music”

                         -Mum plays music-

“Sweet Caroline DUM DUM DUM. See this is more like it!” Mum said more cheerfully

“UGHH mum!! This is the wor-” 

“I don't want to hear it. You're gonna listen to this whether you like it or not!” Mum said


We finally got to our “destination” according to mum. But it wasn't what we were expecting. 

“Mum why does it look like we're in Te karaka We're supposed to be in Gisborne!” Said Clair as the kids stared at mum.                      


Comments

  1. I enjoyed the dialogue with mum. You made her sound like a real mum. Nice, unexpected ending too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work., and dont forget to put "Are we there yet."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment