The Unexpected Break In

 Midnight April 28th, 2021.

The night that could have been the lead to my death.


 12:30 PM Tucked in bed with no fear or worries. My brother comes bursting into my room and looks out the window. No words had come out of his mouth. He rushed back to the kitchen and pulled out a knife. “Stay here,” he said to me then went back out to the kitchen. I heard him locking doors and closing curtains. I was just so curious about what was happening so I went out to the kitchen. I saw my brother on the phone and sirens in front of my house. Out the window, I could see helicopters in the air and police cars in front of our house. 


“What's happening?” I asked worriedly. “Someone has jumped our fence and Is in the backyard” he began “ The police have sent out helicopters to search our area.” “Will we be ok?” I said still worried “Yes well… Hopefully,” He said 

I got out a blanket and crawled up into a ball on the couch and waited. 

Until there was a knock on the door. My brother answered “hello?” he said And a deep voice replied, “Do you know if the person jumping your fence is related to you of any kind?” “No” my brother replied then the police started to walk away while saying to stay inside. At the time I was shivering in fear, I was afraid of what would happen... I was terrified. 

    

30 minutes passed and the police were gone. My brother told me he would sleep with me tonight because his room was downstairs by where they jumped the gate. He set up the mattress and got sheets and blankets. But then he went to get something else but it wasn't what I thought he would be getting… He came back with a softball bat! I mean I don't blame him, you never know where they are.


In the morning… 

I woke up and got dressed as usual then went into the kitchen.

“What the heck!” I said surprised as I looked out the window to see our car window smashed. I asked if anything had been stolen and sure enough they said yes. They have stolen a majority of things from a stereo, some hoodies, shoes, and a whole bunch more! 


  Now we keep our doors locked and sleep with softball bats.



Comments

  1. Is this a true story? If it is, that musthave been frightening.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment