Dear Carla

 Mr. Waller has been reading a book called There's A Boy In The Girls Bathroom. It's about a boy named Bradley Continuously changing throughout the story involving drama, love, anger, betrayal, and kindness. There are multiple characters in the story listed here: Bradley Chalkers Carla Davis  Jeff Fishkin Colleen Verigold  Melinda Lori Mrs. Chalkers Mr. Chalkers Claudia Chalkers Mrs. Ebbel. 

In the story, Bradly wrote a letter to Carla and This is what I  predicted Bradley would write.


Dear Carla. 


I appreciate you reading my letter today Carla. I'm very sorry I didn't show up to see you on Sunday. I got so carried away with being so mad at you I thought it was all part of a plan that you would get to know me then leave me! But I was wrong, it wasn't your fault. It was my fault for being mad at you in the first place. I'm sorry… 


I got a haircut on Sunday and the barbershop smelled like chewed bubble gum and hair gel. It wasn't the most pleasant smell.  On the way back I was begging mum to drop me at school. I just felt so guilty for leaving you hanging. By the time I got there you were gone with a note on your round table and I might have read it out loud when i got in the car and mum was with me, and well I think she might have told some people about it. I hope you forgive me. I didn't mean to repeat what you wrote at the round table. 


The birthday party went well. I think Colleen liked what I wore. I was wearing a suit with no holes in it at first but then I saw jeff had a hole in his pants I just had put a hole in my pants right at the top of my knee just like Jeff.  and guess what the present had a bow on it, a bow on it! I did just what you told me to do. I got a present from the heart so I brought a heart sculpture that you can pull apart. After Collen opened my present She read the card I wrote for her and I accidentally wrote “Love Bradley” Know all the girls think I like her!


 And turns out I didn't need to bring my own chair. There were ready chairs so I didn't have to sit on the cake!


At the birthday party, we played a selection of games. The first game was a relay race. I was nervous at first and I started sweating. It was getting to my turn. I was after Betty and  Karen. It got to my turn and I pulled back my fear and I ran as fast as I could and our team ended up winning! The next race was the three-legged race and Jeff and Colleen always ended up together but our team still won! You won't believe what I saw on the summersault race: the girls in the other team's underwear!! Hahaha!

When it was time to sing happy birthday I kept getting the words wrong and singing at the wrong time! I even carried on singing happy birthday. How funny is that! After Collen opened my present She read the card I wrote for her and I accidentally wrote “Love Bradley” Know all the girls think I like her!


Other than talking about myself I wanted to know how you're doing. I bet these kindergarten kids are scribbling, throwing food everywhere, and mucking up your colorful t-shirts. 

Please write back Carla. I really do miss you.

                             -Bradley


Comments

  1. I love your letter to Carla. You have included a lot of storyline from the text in it. You have really captured what Bradley might have written to her. I aso love your explanation before the letter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment